So last Friday was a big day for myself. Not only was my first assessment organized, I also got a taste of what it could actually feel like being on air! For my assessment I had chosen to discuss the position of a PD, also known as producer/director. I had decided to present the information I had gathered as a traditional but fun news show. Throughout the piece I spoke of Nick White (who you can read about in my other blogs) and what a PD generally goes through when producing a new program.
The classroom was set up so there was a table each one of us could sit on. As Susan and Rob positioned me they had to stick a black box under my legs as my feet were dangling off the table. I felt as if I were a child sitting on a phone book at the dinner table, but was thinking that in a humorous way and took no offence to it. In front of me was a huge camera with a teleprompter in it. I had never used a teleprompter before but found ease while reading my script and tried smiling and speaking like the news presenters I have heard on the BBC exaggerating certain words to add colour. I found the lighting used was unbelievably bright but all in all everything looked extremely professional.
