Thursday, 6 November 2008

The 'Pitch'


After a nice week in Florida, I happily returned back to University to a big day. The first part was spent marking other classmates work while following certain criteria. Well done to James as I felt the work he accomplished was smooth and professional. I found this process very difficult as the marks were set up in a way that you were either 0,2,4 or 6. I felt that there was a few 5's I would of liked to give James, however there wasn't that option which meant giving him a lower mark then I thought he deserved.

With a brief break we all took elevensies and returned refreshed to take on the major part of the day. This was presenting our 'Pitch' for our future podcast project. At first I was extremely overwhelmed and nervous. I had missed the week before and had found coming up with a good Peg a little difficult. Walking up the wooden steps I felt like I was in an episode of Dragons Den. I felt however Nathan and I did really well with the presentation as there wasn't to many questions at the end of the Pitch.

All in all I am looking forward to the final product of our podcast. Our topic is called 'The Christmas Crunch' which focuses on the financial struggles around families have around Christmas. As I do enjoy the holidays and Christmas is right around the corner, I believe I will enjoy this experience and find the information I will get enlightening.