
I hate being ill, unfortunately with no cure found for Crohns Disease, I have to take each day as it comes with a big smile and fight the sickness that controls my life and the way I live. Crohns disease is a chronic inflammatory disease which causes horrible stomach pains, diarrhoea and weight loss. In my case the disease affects my stomach as well as the lower part of my intestines.
Thursday night I was once again hospitalized because of a major abscess which formed on the right side of my leg where the leg connects to the body. Rushed to hospital I was immediately taken in and put on an IV drip as they found my blood pressure to be extremely low. As I waited for the surgeon to come look at me, I got to listen to all the noises around me, and tried to think about the sound waves bouncing from wall to wall. This at least gave me something to focus on rather then looking down at the massive needle in my arm.
I was then wheeled to my room where I awaited surgery the next day. Most of the night I couldn't sleep. I had horribly low blood pressure, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink and one man which had a bed next to me was kept on a breathing machine which turned into a very interesting beat combined with his snoring.
At 7am the lights turned on and breakfast was served. As I wasn't allowed near food, the surgery team came in followed by interns and explained how they were going to chop me open. One guy suggested all this other surgery which was then shot down by the head surgeon as he pointed out it would probably kill me. As this was happening I thought to myself 'Great' these are the people I'm trusting to cut me open! Needless to say though everything went well. As for now, its recovery time!
Thursday night I was once again hospitalized because of a major abscess which formed on the right side of my leg where the leg connects to the body. Rushed to hospital I was immediately taken in and put on an IV drip as they found my blood pressure to be extremely low. As I waited for the surgeon to come look at me, I got to listen to all the noises around me, and tried to think about the sound waves bouncing from wall to wall. This at least gave me something to focus on rather then looking down at the massive needle in my arm.
I was then wheeled to my room where I awaited surgery the next day. Most of the night I couldn't sleep. I had horribly low blood pressure, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink and one man which had a bed next to me was kept on a breathing machine which turned into a very interesting beat combined with his snoring.
At 7am the lights turned on and breakfast was served. As I wasn't allowed near food, the surgery team came in followed by interns and explained how they were going to chop me open. One guy suggested all this other surgery which was then shot down by the head surgeon as he pointed out it would probably kill me. As this was happening I thought to myself 'Great' these are the people I'm trusting to cut me open! Needless to say though everything went well. As for now, its recovery time!
