Wednesday, 18 February 2009

getting back to the buzz


OK so after a well deserved break I finally started back at university last week and have homework piled on me until may. Its funny how the little things in life can build up in my life which could actually make for a really good script if I was writing a documentary on my life.

as I'm not so much into the whole Big Brother thing, I recently sat down and was surprised to discover my favourite type of documentary revolved a lot around other peoples lives and what they got up to. I found myself fascinated by lifestyle documentaries and how people could let themselves not only become 27 stone, but also go on live TV and talk about how they got to the way they are. With the documentaries like 'You are what you eat' and 'Super size vs Super skinny' there was plenty to watch and keep me entertained until my brain grew numb.

Another Documentary I watched in full was called 'Here's Johnny' which was about a man who was diagnosed with MS. The thing I loved about this was that I could actually relate to a lot of what he was saying as I too suffer from an incurable disease. This documentary chose a style that focused around Johns comics and drawings. The drawings produced were very dark and angry, which reflected how he felt inside.

After watching a few different documentaries, I noticed that there was always a message that got across to the audience whether it was stop eating or you will die, or the heart warming truth that your not alone, and I think that it is an important for the audience to be able to relate to what they watch.
If you would like to view some of these programs I have watched please visit http://www.channel4.co.uk/ there are so many great documentaries ready to strike you with the stories that could change your life for the better!