Friday, 20 February 2009

TRI CASTER ... Need I say More?


Thursday’s class was very exciting as we all got on a mini bus and headed to a media expo in London. With a nice shiny badge hanging around my neck I was ready to go as I firstly grabbed myself a massive media bag at the front of the expo.
As I headed on my way one of the first things to actually catch my eye was something called The Tri Caster. To be honest many of my fellow uni mate
s found this just as interested and was defiantly pronounced the best stand of the day.

The Tri caster is a live virtual set, there is no need to rent a studio as the programming does everything. The examples shown were a lady standing to one side and a man to another and on the screen it showed them in two very different studios.
The Tri Caster uses a series of effects as well as 4 different levels of zoom. Different angles can be added by the program so there is no need to hire an expensive camera operator. With the use of the interface you can control all the transitions and angels yourself.

I also found it very interesting that the Tri Caster can create a double box feature which is used a lot when interviewing. I think it really adds to the effect of creating a real studio set.

With many other features, like using powerpoint with the technology I give this product a 10 out of 10 and would actually purchase it if I had the money.