Tuesday, 10 March 2009

The Final Cut Pro Star!!


Fridays class was a massive session as I was put to the test to show what I could actually do with Final Cut Pro. Given a wide selection of movie clips as well as sound tracks, my task was to create an abstract video with effect and excitement which I thought I had done quite well. Though I must admit I was a complete novice, the whole day got me thinking about Final Cut Pro and how it worked.

I signed up to do the FCP demo which was held in the broadcasting lab on the first floor. Richard wood was teaching the session and made everything seem exciting and easy. As I had already had 3-4 hours working on Fridays project, Rich decided to skim through FCP and let me have a real go at what Final Cut can actually do. He first showed me how to create a piece that merged 2 or three clips together, this was done but cropping and putting the piece in motion. I then started to play around with different speeds as well as texts to add effect to pictures I had used previously in Fridays class. Though I forgot to get my stamp, I did find the session extremely helpful and I would like to now play around with it more to become a Pro Star!