Thursday, 2 April 2009

Crohn's Disease Contributor

Yesterday I finally go the chance to meet up with one of my contributors for my Crohn's Disease project after 3 of them backed out the last minute. Amar Shah is 23 years old and works full time while managing the disease. While speaking about the disease Amar was extremely knowledgeable and spoke non stop about the pressures and challenges life throws him every day. I found him fascinating as his out look on the disease was much like mine in the way of looking at the bright side. Throughout the meeting I was able to grasp an idea of how I wanted my documentary to flow as well as finally setting out times to shoot and edit.
As both of us are extremely busy people I find myself working around his schedule just to get the documentary done. I feel because he is open and very forward the documentary will have added spice and give me a chance to explore the world of Crohn's disease through the eyes of someone else.
I will be shooting with the Z1 soon, with the use of 1 radio mic as well as a boom and manfroto tri pod. I am looking forward to seeing how everything is going to go.