Friday, 17 October 2008

Andy Netley come one down!



Friday October 10th 2008th

To be or not to be, that is the question..... Or maybe the real question to ask is, would good old William Shakespeare really mind if I ripped him off a little? After all, its a great line and the mans been diciest for a very long time now. I have started this blog with a very famous line, as today's lesson focused on Plagiarism. I have now been taught to reference properly and even over reference if in doubt, if for some reason I don't Minerva could catch me out, and that could be tragic!

The second part of my day was great. Andy Netley who is an Emmy nominated editor came into class to speak about the ups and downs of the editing industry. Andy started out with the intentions of becoming a director. He managed to get his first job assisting with an edit on a drama program with two weeks of unpaid work and from that realized that editing was the right career path for him. Andy has been cutting different documentaries whilst being an editor, however focuses on the Natural history programs.
When all is said and done with an edit, Andy feels the best part is the music and images.
I have enjoyed Andy's visit as I feel its useful to know how different people started off and look forward to more surprise guests in the future.